1. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” —Arnold Schwarzenegger.
2. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” —Ernest Hemingway.
3. “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me.... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” —Walt Disney
4. “There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.” —Booker T. Washington.
5. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” —Vernon Howard.
6. “I like criticism. It makes you strong.” —LeBron James.
7. “There are better starters than me but I’m a strong finisher.” —Usain Bolt.
8. “He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.” —Louisa May Alcott.
9. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” —Napoleon Hill.
10. “Make up your mind that no matter what comes your way, no matter how difficult, no matter how unfair, you will do more than simply survive. You will thrive in spite of it.” —Joel Osteen.
11. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” —Robert H. Schuller.
12. “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” —William Ellery Channing.
13. “Nothing is more beautiful than the smile that has struggled through the tears.” —Demi Lovato.
14. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” —Audrey Hepburn.
15. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” —Friedrich Nietzsche.
16. “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” —Susan Gale.
17. “Be very strong... be very methodical in your life if you want to be a champion.” —Alberto Juantorena.
19. “I like feeling strong. It keeps my mental floor higher.” —Pink.
20. "I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ’Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." —Thomas Paine.